If you are anything like my husband, the thought of layering is a bit scary. With a few good tips layering over and under your custom dress shirt may become a little less daunting.
1. Keep the shirt tail of the bottom layer shorter than that of the top layer. If wearing a sweater or vest, make sure the tail of the under-layer doesn’t peek out.
2. Keep it comfortable and allow movement. Each piece should have a comfortable fit on it’s own but allow enough room once it is layered for free movement. Don’t purchase a sweater without making sure you can comfortably wearing that button down beneath it.
3. Make sure it is easy to remove a layer or two. In case your day heats up make sure the under layer looks crisp and can go solo.
4. When playing with color, try to go from one extreme to the other. Try lightest to darkest. A light colored shirt, medium sweater, and dark colored coat is a great start or try going the other direction altogether.
5. Don’t try too many bold colors. Two at the most is my recommendation.
Trendy Tip: Try a skinny tie under a sweater for a modern and youthful look.
Layering questions? Leave me a comment!
Dress Well! Be Well!
Follow me on Twitter for more style advice @BestCustomShirt