Looking into investing in a new suit? Though trends come and go, there are a few classics that you can purchase that will keep your look modern, not trendy. Here are three suit types to consider in the next year to keep your style timeless while on point.
1. Double Breasted: This class act of a suit is back and looks great on most men. If your height is 5’7 or less this may not be the best look for you.
2. Gray 3 Piece Suit: Gray is certainly trending right now but never considered trendy. You can wear gray with anything and looks great on all skin tones.
3. Peak Lapel: A classic more formal style of suit that is most often seen on tuxedos. It can really class up a navy suit like this one. Pair it with the double breast and you cannot go wrong.
Dress Well! Be Well!
Follow me on Twitter for more style tips and inspiration @BestCustomShirt
We all know that flannel shirts are very popular during the cool months. The most recent flannel buzz is on the more neutral tones while the past few years the focus was on the brightly colored flannels. I personally prefer the softer side flannels in neutrals and subdued shades of blue and green.
Don’t think for a minute that flannel fabrics are only for shirts. Flannel outerwear has been around for years. Have you ever considered trying a flannel sport coat or cap? How about both?
There are some truly stunning flannel suits out there and we think now is the time to invest in a good one.
They are gaining popularity again and most custom tailors offer several nice flannel suiting fabrics.
Not ready to take the suit plunge? Take some time to review our Luxury flannel shirting fabrics here.
Tired of navy suits, brown tweed sport coats, and camel topcoats? Let’s give Olive Green a shot why don’t we? It can be paired with almost every color as it is now considered a neutral. It looks great with blues of all shades and can be paired with black OR brown.
Dress Well! Be Well!
Follow me on Twitter for more style and dressing tips
Contrary to popular belief, the Extreme Spread or Cutaway custom dress shirt collar is not just for the dressiest of occasions.
Sure, it is a great stylish collar to wear to that wedding but many have begun to wear this extreme spread in a casual way. We have tons of new checks and plaids in stock now for you to style that new casual cutaway. Get started styling yours by clicking here!
“Trendy is the last stage before Tacky.”-Karl Lagerfeld
Although the fashion industry often pushes the limits with some of it’s “trends”, a great deal of them stick around while the fruitless fizzle. When it comes to dapper dressing, luckily we as humans get to decide how we creatively express ourselves. Here are a few trends that seem to be hanging on to these last days of summer. We see them all over the net and all over the city. Hits or misses?
1. Men’s cropped slacks: I do love the no socks look as well as the printed socks and the cropped slack is a great way to show these details off. I vote yes on this trend. Just don’t go too short. Keep them just above the ankle.
2. Colorful Kicks: Pair these with the staple items like your navy blazer or white button down custom dress shirt. I think they are a fun way to add a little uptown funk.
3: Teal Suits: Again, this is a YES for me. I am especially loving them on grooms. Just be sure to buy a quality suit (think custom, of course) because teal can get tacky if the fabric is lame. ..and please go easy on the accessories.
Send me your thoughts and follow me on Twitter and Instagram.
New Trends, Styles and Dressing Tips are revealed by renowned designer and wardrobe consultant, Janine Giorgenti.