Many things on the men’s runway for this season cannot reasonable carry over into your workweek wardrobe like fur, shearling, or velvet coats. (If you do work in this type of environment, please send us some pics!) There are, however some items I truly think you should consider working into your wardrobe this fall. I chose 5 and recommend you pick up 3.
1. Something Burgundy: As I have mentioned before in this blog post this color is going to be everywhere. You may refer to it as Marsala, Wine, or even “Soft-Eggplant” but this purplish-red is making a major statement this Fall. Try the color out in a tie or custom dress shirt like this.
2. Brown: It goes with EVERYTHING so this is a no-brainer. Brown is back and layering the hues is even better. Perhaps pick up a waist coat to pair with your favorite brown blazer. You can even pair the color with black these days.
3. The Baggy Pant: Perhaps you just caught onto the more slim fit pant and don’t want to invest in another pair. Well, good news if you didn’t throw out the wide leg trousers, they are headed back our way.
4. The Long Scarf: I recommend keeping this trend reasonable with a nice below the front pocket length or just above the knee.
5. Oversized and 3/4 Length Coats: The skinny suit can hang on another few seasons for you if you add a slightly oversized coat to the mix. I like the length of this one and the twill pattern is unique.
What are your thoughts? Will you try any of these this Fall?
Follow me on Instagram @bestcustomshirt and Twitter MeghanHenley@bestcustomshirt