Spring is such a great time for those transition wardrobe pieces from the chilly mornings to the sunny afternoons. Layering these pieces, however can sometimes seem a bit daunting. Some guys seem to just know how to layer. They always look clean and well put together. Here are a few tips for your Spring layering challenge.
1. Mix up your textures and patterns. Try a light tweed sport coat over a chambray shirt, a plaid coat and patterned scarf, or your softest cashmere V-neck over your shirt and tie with a pair of heavier twill pants.
2. Use accessories wisely. If thinking of wearing a suit with a lightweight scarf, try ditching the tie and wearing your collar open.
3. Give a trend a try. You may be sighting a few floral prints on men these days but that doesn’t mean you have to wear a floral button down shirt. Try a pop of floral in a tie.
4. Add color. Pair a crisp white shirt with a bold pair of chinos for instant style. Add a scarf and sunglasses for affect.
5. Or don’t. Try a minimalist monochrome layering technique. All shades of gray or tan.
Dress Well! Be Well!
Follow me on Twitter @BestCustomShirt