In dressier settings some fashion crimes can easily be committed in the colder months due to the fact that well, you are flipping cold! Rather than staying under the blankets until May, here are common winter fashion faux pas and the fixes for style redemption.
The crime: Your favorite puffy coat. There are other ways to keep your torso warm.
The dapper fix: Layering a vest under a tailored wool coat.
The crime: A pom-pom beanie.
I mean, really Bradley?
The dapper fix: A newsboy cap or fedora. Keeping the head warm and the look smooth for years to come.
The crime: Mix matched ski lodge accessories.
Time to put away the ski gloves and collegiate beanie and accessorize like a man.
The dapper fix: A tailored wool coat combined with a nice pair of leather gloves and cashmere scarf.
Dress Well! Be Well!
Follow me on Twitter for more style tips! @BestCustomShirt
Winter white is a great option for staying in style during the colder months. There are some tricks to pull it off, though. Here are some of our thoughts.
1. Choose a heavier white fabric like white denim or wool for pants. We also love an off-white wool sweater or cardigan. No lightweight white linen please. For one thing, you will feel the winter chill roll through the fabric but it will also appear out of place in freezing temps.
2. Generally we don’t advise layering too many dark fabrics on your upper body while keeping things white and light on the lower portion. It is hard to pull off. So how is it this guy looks so dapper, you ask?
Simple, he added a solid colored shirt with a white collar. I might have chosen a neutral toned coat instead of navy, myself.
3. Try a speckled “whitish” sweater on top to look and feel cozy. It isn’t exactly winter white. Perhaps it is even better.
4. Adding neutrals to the rest of the body helps to create a soft minimalist style with a pair of crisp white chinos.
What is so great about white pants? For one thing, you usually don’t wear them often throughout the year so they will likely stay in tact if you find a nice durable pair.
Dress Well! Be Well!
Follow me on Twitter for more style tips @BestCustomShirt
I’m sure at this point you have pulled the sweaters out. Today’s style inspiration comes from those sweaters with the super cool professor-like elbow patches. They are great for layering and staying warm this winter.
Here are some real beauties we found. Best news yet? There are three ways to acquire one.
1. Purchase one (duh)
2. Mention it as a gift idea this holiday season.
3. Simply add some elbow patches to your favorite sweater or cardigan.