Characteristics of a High-Quality Custom Made Dress Shirt
How to check the quality of a custom shirt
- Check the fabric content of your custom shirt. Finer dress shirts are made of two-ply, which make the fabrics stronger, softer and wrinkle less.
- Inspect the seam running down the side of the shirt for smoothness and make sure it does not pucker.
- Examine the shirt sleeve a couple of inches above the cuff for a gauntlet button that closes up the sleeve.
- In Custom striped shirts, check how stripes are aligned. They should match, making a straight line.
- The collar of a great fitting custom shirt should be firm and crisp. It should not be limp and under no circumstances it should have any wrinkles or bubbles (puckering)
- The design of the fabric should match where any two pieces of fabrics meet. For example, where sleeves meet the shoulder.
- A well made custom shirt should have removable stays or built in stays for a crisp, firm look.
- The collar of a fine custom dress shirt should be constructed in two pieces and hand turned.
- The buttons of a high quality custom shirt should be sewn with a cross locked stitch to ensure your buttons stay firmly attached.
"I found the experience painless and streamlined. It was basically
a no-brainer" - Brian B.